1. What are the Batter’s Rights to/in the Batter’s Box and if/when do they end? ___________________________________________________________________
2. If a balk is a delayed dead ball, at what point, if any, does the ball become dead? ____________________________________________________________________
3.During a non pitch Intentional Walk, under what circumstances is the managers request granted? _____________________________________________________________________
4. Is time out during a non pitch Intentional Walk, at what point and if time is out, when is play resumed? _____________________________________________________________________
5. Does a runner, who has been obstructed, still have an obligation to touch the base or be in jeopardy of an appeal?
6. During my career, I have heard a number of statements regarding baseball rules: “the hands are part of the bat”
7, When awarding bases: “is the base your going to plus one”
8. Regarding appeals: “one appeal per base per man” TRUE FALSE
9. Is it sometimes impossible to grant a runner the proper number of bases?
YES NO IF NO can you site an example: _____________________________________________________________________
10. A runner on first and a 1-1 count on the batter. On the next pitch, the batter checks his swing and the plate umpire rules it a ball, the catcher now attempts to pick the runner off first. Can the defense still ask for help on the check swing or does the play at first nullify the request?
STILL CAN ASK REQUEST NULLIFIED
11. Please describe the overriding principle of “offensive interference”? _______________________________________________________________________
12. What are the two musts in establishing a “legal catch”?
13. What is the proper position of both umpires during the ground rules? _______________________________________________________________________
14. What is the proper position of both umpires between innings? ________________________________________________________________________
15. A “legally caught” foul tip is signaled by the umpire by doing what? ________________________________________________________________________
16. To have a “force play”, what MUST have occurred? ________________________________________________________________________
17.,18.,19. Name the three option plays in baseball.
20. Describe what is known as the “David Price” rule: